In the coming years Meatable will transform from a science-focused company to consumer-focused, end-to-end food company. This means we ramp up the marketing team. For this year, the primary focus of this team is on global press and PR, as Meatable wants to take the center stage in conversations about cultivated meat. In 2023/2024 the objective of this team will shift to building a consumer brand around the first product launch, likely to be in Singapore.
We are looking for a hands-on PR and Communications Manager to join a fast-growing company with a revolutionary mission, and build our presence worldwide and in our first launch market. The PR & Communication Manager will become part of Meatable’s Commerce & Strategy team and he/she will directly report to the Head of Marketing.
About the job
The PR & Communication manager will be responsible for driving and developing Meatable’s PR & Communication activities supporting these goals.
- Short term (2022/2023): Building Meatable as the leader in cultivated meat space
- Medium term (2023/2024): Launching and building a new consumer brand
- Create, develop, and implement the short-term and medium-term PR strategy
- Increase Meatable’s share of voice and establishment as a trustworthy leader in the global cultivated meat space
- Execute the PR strategy worldwide together with PR agencies, that you will be responsible of selecting/changing and managing
- Execute the PR strategy in the Netherlands at your own responsibility, including proactively looking for opportunities in your (and our) network
- Execute our PR/marketing launch in our first market, together with partners, actively driving brand awareness in our launch market and with our global audiences
- Develop content, e.g. writing press releases, op-eds, and blogs, creating posts for and managing/building our social channels, and organizing interviews and events.
About the requirements
- Masters in marketing, communications or comparable field
- 5-10 yrs experience in PR and/or communication – experience in a PR agency is preferred
- Broad and active network in the press (global preferred – NL required). With a focus on consumer food, tech/venture capital, retail, tier1 global media.
- You can brilliantly write and revise in both languages Dutch & English
- You can easily connect with key people and agencies (Global + NL)
- You can drive full content creation for digital and social. Ability to create visual content (creatives, photoshopping, etc) is preferred
- Affinity with our products is a must, experience with either food tech, tech/venture capital or food is preferred
- You embrace our company values: Caring, Open-minded, Resourceful, Competent, Responsible, Determined
- A competitive salary
- Participation in our employee stock option plan and pension plan
- A dynamic work environment in a new exciting field using cutting edge technologies, working with the leaders in the field
- A caring culture with strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
- A Gym Membership