Meatable is growing fast and there is a need for more structure in the equipment registration, handling, maintenance etc.
Therefore we are looking for a highly motivated Laboratory Equipment Technician in our Laboratory Support Team.
We are looking for someone who has a few years of laboratory experience in making solutions and buffers, and has a technical background or a strong affection with it (for example fixing equipment, working on electronics etc. as a hobby or side-job).
You like to create structure but don’t mind to roll up your sleeves to unpack and install a refrigerator or relocate an incubator on a quick notice. Planning goes easy on you and you have no difficulties in contacting (calling, e-mailing, face to face) companies that can carry out maintenance and or supply equipment.
You are able to work closely with our different research teams to find, test, place and register equipment and will also be accountable for the planning and execution of maintenance and calibrations of our equipment. In short you are assertive, practical, and eager to learn; a problem solver.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Registration, calibration, and maintenance of the laboratory equipment. This also includes inviting and bringing in the maintenance crews.
- Drafting of documentation (protocols, reports) to standardize methods for the handling of the laboratory equipment.
- Support of laboratory personnel when equipment needs to be relocated etc.
- Maintain and improve our equipment database.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in life sciences plus >2 years’ experience in a (preferable biological) laboratory
- Experience with planning of maintenance and calibrations of equipment.
- Able to work with Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to thrive in the ambiguity and shifting priorities consistent with a start-up environment.
- Easy communicator, as you will be on touch with many service engineers, salesmen etc.
Who are you:
- Assertive, practical, hands-on, ‘let’s do it’ attitude
- Being able to work in a fast pace environment
- Autonomous and coachable
- Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Being comfortable with routine work, but also flexible to specific needs
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- A competitive salary
- Participation in our employee stock option plan and pension plan
- A dynamic work environment in a new exciting field using cutting edge technologies, working with the leaders in the field
- A caring culture with strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
- Gym Membership