Meatable is growing fast and therefore there is a need for a Laboratory Support technician who can help the R&D team to execute their work effectively. The support technician can make and maintain stock and/or working solutions and buffers for the whole department, supports the daily research operations, and consumable supplies, manages waste streams, and cleans the laboratories and storage rooms.
About the role
We are looking for a precise person who has a couple years of laboratory experience in making solutions and buffers. You like to create structure but don’t mind to roll up your sleeves to unpack and install a refrigerator or relocate an incubator on a quick notice. Planning goes easy on you and you have no difficulties in contacting (calling, e-mailing, face to face) companies that e.g. supply our labs.
In short you are assertive, practical, and eager to learn; a problem solver.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Works closely with the research team to maintain a stock for active buffers and solutions and properly disposing the ones that are obsolete.
- Supports the research teams with buffer and solution preparations.
- Helps with autoclaving of media and waste.
- Supports in the cleaning activities in the laboratories and the storage rooms.
- Diploma (MLO level 4) with +4 years of experience in a biological laboratory.
- Experience with media, buffer, and solutions preparation is required.
- Experience in aseptic techniques is required.
- Experience with cell culture and chromatography is a pre.
- Ability to thrive in the ambiguity and shifting priorities consistent with a start-up environment.
- Must be able to lift 20 kilo’s and stand for extended periods of time, handle chemicals including acids and bases, and wear PPE as required.
Who are you:
- Assertive, practical, hands-on, ‘let’s do it’ attitude
- Being able to work in a fast pace environment
- Autonomous and coachable
- Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Being comfortable with routine work, but also flexible to specific needs
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- A competitive salary
- Participation in our employee stock option plan and pension plan
- A dynamic work environment in a new exciting field using cutting edge technologies, working with the leaders in the field
- A caring culture with strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
- Gym Membership